We want to have a company registered in Singapore, but we do not want to relocate in Singapore. Currently my brother is foreigner and I am holding PR in Singapore. We want to set up this company as trading company.
Please advise us for following question and which plan we should choose:
1. If my brother applies Entre Pass from MOM, within one year how long he should/must stay in Singapore/how many time need to come to Singapore?
2. At less how many person need to be involved when set up this company, if he do want to apply Entre Pass.
3. Once the company successfully registers in Singapore, however, we don’t have any income within a year; do we still need to pay tax? If within 3 years we don’t have any income is our company will still exist?
Asked by HY - On May 14, 2012
From the 3 opionions from your questions
1) If apply for Entrepass, it is a mulit entries visa and do not restrict the duration he has to stay in Singapore.
2) The min person is 1 person himself and a local resident director whom I assume will be you or a nominee director provided by us.
3) If there is no income then there will not be tax involved.
For details on Singapore taxtion, please refer to
Please call us for an appointment if needed.
Answered by Eric - OnMay 14, 2012